Our doctors are committed to using the latest technologies to provide the very best care dental care possible. Our signature laser dentistry services offer many advantages that help make dental treatments more comfortable and effective!
Dental Arts of Mountain View uses lasers to perform many different treatments, including cosmetic gum contouring, treatment for oral cancer, prepping for dental crowns, and much more. Our top laser dentistry services near Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, and Palo Alto are designed with you in mind!
About 'No Shot/No Drill' Laser Dentistry
Our dentists use a range of lasers with different wavelengths suited for a variety of tissue densities. Laser procedures are safe, effective, and efficient. In most cases, NO needles or drills are required!
The Solea Laser
Our doctors have invested in the Solea® Laser because it provides comfortable, more precise and efficient procedures for patients. This specialized laser is so advanced that anesthesia is not needed for 95% of dental procedures.
Lasers have been a huge leap forward in dentistry, and the Solea Laser has been proven to outperform many other dental lasers on the market today. It is faster, more versatile, and more precise, giving our doctors superior control for better outcomes. Patients get their work done faster and are amazed at how comfortable even the most invasive procedures can be.
Solea® proves highly beneficial and useful in a number of treatment applications, such as deep cleanings to reverse symptoms of periodontal disease, gum shaping, soft tissue grafting, removal of decayed enamel, preparation for placement of prosthetics including crowns, bridges, and onlays, or even removing an old prosthetic before a new one can be provided.
With this advanced laser technology, patients can enjoy:
- Reduced Bleeding
- Maximized Comfort
- Faster Appointments
- Less Need for Local Anesthetic – No Injections!
- Multiple-Phase Treatment in One Sitting
- Dentists can treat soft tissue, teeth, and bone with one tool
- Minimized Need for Specialty Referrals
Solea® is specifically engineered to work faster and more efficiently through computer technology, so dentists can better control the treatment process and patients benefit from spending less time sitting in the dental chair.
Our doctors can use lasers for a variety of treatments, including those designed for:
- Reshaping your teeth. If you are going to receive a crown or bridge, our doctors will restructure your tooth to accommodate the restoration using a laser to make conservative and precise alterations.
- Treating decay. Before placing a filling, our doctors will use a laser to clean and reshape your tooth. The high-power energy will kill bacteria while affecting very little of the surrounding tissues. Lasers work very quickly, allowing us to treat up to 12 cavities in one hour at our Mountain View dental office.
- Detecting oral cancer. If you have unusual skin lesions, our doctors may use a laser to remove a small tissue sample for a biopsy to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- Frenectomies. If your child's frenulum is attached (tongue-tie) or you are experiencing speech problems or periodontal issues, our doctors can remove some of this tissue using comfortable laser technology.
- Gum contouring. If you have uneven or excessive gums, our dentist can remove tissue to create an enhanced frame for your smile.
- Teeth whitening. High-powered lasers can accelerate the whitening process, intensifying the effects of teeth whitening bleach!
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers offer numerous advantages, including:
- Comfort. Lasers eliminate the need for drills and other manual tools. With laser technology, your treatment will be quiet and free from jarring vibrations.
- Shorter recoveries. Lasers seal blood vessels as they remove tissue. Following a laser-assisted procedure, you will experience minimal swelling and irritation.
- Precision. High-power lasers are extremely accurate. With these devices, our doctors can remove a conservative amount of tissue with little impact to the surrounding areas.
- Efficiency. Thanks to their great accuracy, lasers make dental treatment much quicker.
- Safety. Lasers destroy bacteria. This makes them an excellent choice for treating dental decay.
- Suitable for all ages. Our doctors can use lasers to treat adults as well as kids.
Learn More About Our Advanced Laser Dentistry Treatments
Thanks to our cutting-edge laser technologies, your treatment can be more comfortable, efficient, and effective. Call our Mountain View dental office today to learn more about laser dentistry and how it can benefit you.
We speak Spanish and Portuguese!