Dr. Van offers patients in the greater Mountain View area some of the most advanced cosmetic dentistry and smile makeover treatments around. Among these treatments are porcelain veneers, a highly effective cosmetic dentistry treatment. So effective, in fact, that they’ve earned the nickname “instant orthodontics.”
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of dental ceramic that are affixed to the fronts of people’s teeth. When in place, they are able to mask various kinds of cosmetic flaws from view, allowing people to smile with absolute confidence.
What Sets Porcelain Veneers Apart?
Porcelain veneers are thin and made of materials that are semi-transclucent after fabrication, which means that light affects the veneer material in much the same way as it would your natural tooth structure. In natural light or artificial light, in broad daylight or in low light scenarios, the veneer will appear completely natural.
Dental Problems That Porcelain Veneers Can Treat
There are many different dental problems that porcelain veneers can treat. These include the following:
- Chipped Teeth – Teeth that are chipped and slightly damaged in some way can easily be addressed through the use of porcelain veneers.
- Cracked Teeth – Cracks in teeth can be masked with ease thanks to porcelain veneers so long as the cracks are predominantly cosmetic in nature.
- Stained Teeth – When you have teeth that are generally discolored or seriously stained in some fashion, the use of porcelain veneers can be quite helpful.
- Gaps Between Teeth – Small spaces between teeth can be filled thanks to the placement of a porcelain veneer.
- Crooked Teeth – When you have teeth that are a little bit crooked, a porcelain veneer or two can help even out the appearance of your smile.
- Size Asymmetry – Uneven sizes between teeth can easily be addressed thanks to porcelain veneers.
The Results of Porcelain Veneers Treatment
The results of porcelain veneers treatment can be quite phenomenal, with no one able to tell the difference between teeth that have been enhanced with veneers and your natural teeth.
Given the results of porcelain veneers treatment and the natural appearance, this is why some have nicknamed veneers “instant orthodontics.” Patients achieve the apparent results of orthodontic treatment without the months and months required for the actual orthodontic treatment to be performed.
Instant Orthodontics vs. Traditional Orthodontics
While instant orthodontics is great for minor misalignment, it’s important that patients with significant issues affecting dental health and overall tooth alignment to undergo actual orthodontic treatment. In these instances, it’s imperative that the actual dental alignment be improved in order to enhance the aesthetics of a smile as well as a patient’s overall dental health.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for Me?
The best way to find out if porcelain veneers are the right option for you and your needs is to schedule a consultation at our practice. We will carefully assess your overall dental health and wellness and determine the most ideal treatment option to address your needs.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. John Van
To learn more about porcelain veneers and how they can help you have the beautiful smile of your dreams, be sure to contact our cosmetic and restorative dentistry center today. Dr. Van will make sure your smile looks its absolute best.